Thursday 14 May 2020

Distance Teaching                                                                                                                                                         Date 5 May 2020

This week I taught LEAVES to my Intermediates(STEAM). They enjoyed. They were so focused on their learnings and were very excited about leaves. We started the topic with a simple discussion of the name of some leaves we eat every day. They gave excellent answers like Basil, celery, coriander etc.



They know about leaves, but when we discussed how leaves make food and why we called Leaves are food factories, they enjoyed that content about leaves. Every time, in school, I usually experiment on every topic, but this time in this lockdown, it was hard to do online. The bit I tried at least I can show them some leaves. So, I told them, go and bring some leaves from your garden. In this way, I teach them. We talked about stomata, guard cells, palisade cells, and chlorophyll.

It was outstanding lessons, and students love it. I suggest they click photos of different plant leaves and make a beautiful collage. They were done very well. Here is the My students' work Alanna. She is from Glen Taylor school and very good at science. She is so creative and energetic in her learning. I am happy she loves this topic and make a beautiful collage of leaves.


"Develop learning-focused relationships with learners, enabling them to be active participants in the process of learning, sharing ownership and responsibility for learning."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health Awareness Week(27 Sep-3 Oct)

  Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW) runs from 27 September to 3 October and this year’s theme is Take time to kōrero/mā te kōrero, ka ora....