Friday 13 March 2020

Week 2 Digital Fluency Intensive Program (DFI)

March 13, 2020  AGENDA: WORKFLOW


Today, was my second day in this program. I was very excited to learn new things in the world of digital technology. The focus of today was around boosting workflow to Recognise, Amplify, and Turbocharge effective practices in the digital world of our leaners'. We have access to google slideshows that explain in detail how these spaces work:
  • Connecting with each other / Reflections
  • Hangouts
  • Manaiakalani Pedagogy: Learn Create and Share
  • Google Keep
  • Gmail
  • Calendar
  • Taming your Tabs
  • Use Google Hangout to connect with Small group
  • Blog Commenting
      I enjoyed a lot. I learned about Google keep, which is very useful to keep our record and act as a  reminder for professional life as well as personal life.😀

Google hangouts were very interesting and very easy to use. It brings the conversation to life with photos, and even group video calls with multiple people in one time. It is fascinating to share our screens at one time and even record video conferencing.                
                                                                
                                                                        
 .          Google Hangouts Meet
Gmail  I learned about within your Gmail account you can delete emails you no longer need and archive important emails that you may need in the future. 


Last week, I tried most of the things which I learned from this program in the classroom. I prepared text in google docs without formatting and add table, images, heading in it. I was not confident when I gave my resource to the students, but when students started, he loved it and enjoyed it. I was delighted and motivated after my class😃

I am not a digital person. Before this Manaiakalani program, I was not confident in the technology, but now I am very fluent in using technology. Now, I feel technology is not a barrier between a teacher and students. Even, it is a pathway through which a teacher can use different resources and exciting ways to teaches students a particular topic.👍




        "I never teach my Pupils. I can only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can Learn."
                -----Albert Einstein✌










"Select teaching approaches, resources, and learning and assessment activities based on a thorough knowledge of curriculum content, pedagogy, progressions in learning and the learners."

" Gather, analyse and use appropriate assessment information, identifying progress and needs of learners to design clear next steps in learning and to identify additional supports or adaptations that may be required."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Palvi,

    I agree we covered a lot of content at this session but like you I felt it was well worth it! Google offers so many options to help improve our workflow. I have found using google keep particularly helpful for keeping notes, reminders and to do lists. I'm so grateful that we were able to have the introduction to google meet session in person - it has been a lot to learn quickly. Great to hear that you have tried new things and that you've had such a positive response from students! Keeping this going will happen you to enhance your teaching and engage your learners. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Mental Health Awareness Week(27 Sep-3 Oct)

  Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW) runs from 27 September to 3 October and this year’s theme is Take time to kōrero/mā te kōrero, ka ora....