Friday 6 March 2020

Week 1 Digital Fluency Intensive Program (DFI)


O6/03/2020  AGENDA: CORE BUSINESS

Hi, my name is Palvi Sharma. I am Science, and Biology teacher at Tamaki College, Auckland.  The college is proud to offer a wide range and variety of study courses and programmes for students Tertiary and Trade based education. The school has fully embraced technology, and it is a true blessing for me to be a part of this organisation.

School connects with Manaiakalani Education, which is suitable for teachers' and learners' harmonious development. Today was my first day at Manaiakalani Digital Fluency Intensive Programme (DFI). 

Manaiakalani is a group or cluster of 13 schools in the Tāmaki Community, Auckland, New Zealand. This is the home of NZ's oldest government housing community and is occupied mostly by NZ Māori and people from the Pacific Island nations. This community has partnered with their schools, the Manaiakalani Education Trust, Google & other providers to seek improved education outcomes.

It was great to hear about the backstory of Manaiakalani. It is excellent, sturdy and liberating. I am inspired by the usage of technology in the education sector. I am very impressed by the ways we can use technology and digital presentation for students in the classroom. Today, I also learned how we could connect technology in different ways with the learners.





Today, I created my docs in google drive and also make links for them. I also learned about blogs, how to create professional blog and classroom blog. It is my first blog which I learned and prepared during my session.

I am enjoying this course. Before this course, I didn't know how beautiful and exciting it is technology. I will use this technology in my classroom. My students will love it. I am very excited to use these different techniques in my class.

I hope I will learn a lot each week and help other educators in my school.

Thank you.


4 comments:

  1. Ma best wishes for your new venture dear.With your sound education and constant endeavor,you will surely Excel beyond your limits..with loads of love from Assam(India).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharma, welcome to Manaiakalani. Looking forward to learning alongside you over the next weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Mental Health Awareness Week(27 Sep-3 Oct)

  Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW) runs from 27 September to 3 October and this year’s theme is Take time to kōrero/mā te kōrero, ka ora....