Saturday 18 April 2020

Distance Learning WEEK 1

Distance Learning WEEK 1 .      15 April 2020

The COVID19 has caused widespread school closures for an unknown duration. Teachers are scrambling to find ways to support students from afar through distance and online learning. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by this daunting task, you’re certainly not alone.Through teaching students and training educators, I’ve learned a lot about how to effectively create and implement digital instruction and self-paced learning.I’ve also struggled to reach students outside of class. For several years, I taught in communities where students struggled to attend school consistently. 
To help absent students access my courses, I developed a blended, self-paced teaching and learning that empowered all my students to learn, whether they were in my room or not. Today, I run The Modern Classrooms Project, where I help other teachers do the same.I use Hangouts for video conferencing, Google docs for notes and activities, and tracing sheets to share their activities link on it.I love combining several tools for a better impact. 
I made a site where I put up a list of tools that I’m using and sent it to my students and their families.I have been really impressed with the class sites of different schools teachers considering how to make them visually appealing to students while keeping them simple and easy to navigate. First and foremost – whatever tools and activities I choose, keep it simple so everyone can get started easily. 
Effective Online Teaching: Obstacles And Practices - eLearning ...

"Teach in ways that ensure all learners are making sufficient progress, monitor the extent and pace of learning, focusing on equity and excellence for all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health Awareness Week(27 Sep-3 Oct)

  Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW) runs from 27 September to 3 October and this year’s theme is Take time to kōrero/mā te kōrero, ka ora....