Friday 17 April 2020

Week 6 Digital Fluency Intensive Program (DFI)


Date: 17April2020 AGENDA: Enabling Access, Sites


Kia Ora

Today we focused on staying 'Connected.' The goal of manaiakalani is how we can connect digitally,
and entitle learners for their learning. Because they know learning is still going online.


Term two is going to start with distance learning this week. Teachers are doing hard to adapt and
change their pedagogical teaching techniques to teach their learners online. I am also trying hard
to find some interesting ideas, approaches, techniques, and methods that can be applied on-line.


Schools are closed, but digital technology  helps us to connect with learners and everyone.
Today, Dorothy started with a fabulous  powerpoint presentation about how hard it is to connect
with someone who doesn't share. Pedagogy and language help us to connect, common language
helps to maintain diversity. She explained the Manaiakalani inclusive model was first developed in 2006 with the first cluster of
schools. In 2015 the model was taken wider into what are now known as outreach clusters and
again in 2017. In this cluster, we mainly focus on Term 1 on create, Term 2 share Term 3 apply and term 4 bring all together.

Sharing is very important. It is two way communication. One way communication is not working
in any case.

Connectivity is a way of life for our students. Take it from them and they will check out.
This was another great session of my professional learning growth. I definitely come away feeling
empowered to improve my quality of my class sites.

I was very excited for this session today because I found out we are going to present our
slides and there is one more opportunity, we are going to present in a regional group.
That was awesome for me. Different teachers who were present in my group belong to
different teaching years. Moreover they have very exciting sliding and I feel so encouraged by
seeing their class sites. I will definitely use their ideas to improve the quality of my class sites.

The DFI program is a true blessing for me. The experience, knowledge and skills I gain from here is invaluable. I was not confident in technology before I joined this course, but till now I have attended six sessions and it's A+W+E+S+O+M+E. Now, I am confident with my website and my teacher dashboard. Through the duration of this Lockdown due to COVID19 this course is good
learning for all of us, who are attending this.

Now in this online teaching time, everyday I am trying to do something new with students learning. My efforts always present my teaching stuff in an interesting way. I am trying hard in this period to make my teaching interesting and adventurous.


Exciting for Next week with new Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health Awareness Week(27 Sep-3 Oct)

  Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW) runs from 27 September to 3 October and this year’s theme is Take time to kōrero/mā te kōrero, ka ora....